Albany Family Law Attorneys
Every aspect of your life impacts your family. As such, every aspect of your life will be impacted by your family’s legal issues. From real estate to business law, you want an attorney who is prepared to handle the complex factors related to your family law concerns.
At the Delmar law offices of Maxwell & Van Ryn, LLP, our Albany family law lawyers provide comprehensive, integrated legal solutions to individuals and families in upstate New York. Whether you are going through a divorce or a child custody dispute, we can help you with every aspect of your case, including:
- Divorce: With so many things to consider in a divorce, you want to make sure you account for anything and everything that could impact your future, especially if you are going through a contested high asset divorce.
- Property division: The court will look at a number of factors when making a determination about property division, including retirement and pension issues, the valuation of family business assets or professional degrees.
- Tax issues: Whether you are dividing property in your divorce or dealing with a child support issue, we will make sure you properly account for tax issues in divorce, including issues with the capital gains tax.
- Child custody and visitation: You want to do what is best for your children. We will prepare you for the child custody procedure and help you figure out how to obtain more time with your kids.
- Alimony and child support: There are state guidelines that determine child support and spousal support in New York. However, it is possible to deviate from these guidelines, especially in high-income cases.
- Domestic partners: Although same sex marriage is now legal in New York, we can help same gender couples obtain many of the same rights guaranteed through marriage by drafting and documenting domestic partnership agreements. We understand that marriage may not be for everyone, whether gay or straight. We also assist with tax issues for same gender marriages, or couples who do not wish to marry.
- Prenuptial agreements: There are many reasons to consider a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. Whether you have been through a divorce before or you have high-value assets you want to protect, we can help you come up with a plan that works.
Contact Our Divorce Lawyers Serving Schenectady
Whatever legal concerns you face today, we are ready to help you start looking for solutions. With a diverse legal practice, we provide our clients with integrated legal counsel. Located in Delmar, we represent individuals and families in the greater Albany area. Call 518-475-0016 or contact us online with absolutely no obligation.